Saturday, June 16, 2012

Flowers in my Heart.


There is a flower in my heart that wants to bloom
“Oh no” I say, “I don’t have room for flowers. And besides, what would people think?”
There is a flower in my heart that wants to bloom
“Sorry, there’s only room in there for rye and tobacco. For I feel the need to drown myself with these things.”
There is a flower in my heart that wants to bloom
“Stay away! You’ll only screw up the works. I can only continue on if I am in the wolf.”
Although eventually I concede, as there must be room for a flower
On mornings when nobody’s around I like to take it out and say to it.
“Don’t be sad. I know that you’re still there. I’m not going to let you die.”
And when I put it back it seems to have grown a little bit more beautiful
I find our secrete pact to be moving, as it has driven a grown man to weep
But I never weep
Do you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment